Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Backpack Tags

Four years ago I began teaching first grade. I used to teach third grade but then jumped down to first. What a HUGE difference! One of the first things I noticed was how small things became more difficult. The students had a hard time finding my room and often got lost. They couldn't tie their shoes or find their way to the bathroom. They had even more trouble finding their way home whether it was a bus, where car riders were picked up or where they went for an after school program. I kept getting many calls from the office about how my students didn't get where they were supposed to go. Crud muffins, I thought, I can't go with them down the hall to each of their buses (I had to stay with the others in the room) but there has to be a way for others to know where they were supposed to go. So I know I'm not the only person that uses bus tags but they are wonderful. Now, at the beginning of the year, I find out how they are supposed to go home. I put each bus tag on a key ring and then I hook it to their backpack.


Score two for me, everyone was finally getting home where they were supposed to and no more angry calls. I made some free bus tags for anyone who wants them. Hopefully they can help you out too. Click the link below to get them for FREE (:  Let me know what you think!



-OneCrazyS

No comments:

Post a Comment