Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Valentine's Day Crafty Fun!

I can't believe that Valentine's Day is almost here! Boy did the beginning of 2015 fly by! I was tired of some of the same old word searches and coloring sheets and wanted something more crafty for my students. Of course my students had to be my guinea pigs and they had the best time making these. I came up with party placemats (with a place for your plate and drink of course):


Loomy bracelets:

Picture Hangers - just add a clothespin and some string (:

If I had to guess their favorite, I'd probably say it was the heart-pouch necklace. Each student had a sheet at their desk with their name on it. Everyone walked around and wrote one reason why they liked each person in the class.
Then they went back to their seat, cut out their notes, and heart pouches. Then they glued their heart pouches together with some wet glue and stuck their notes inside (I helped them tie on the necklace string). They loved being able to reach in and grab the little notes inside and read why someone in their class liked them.

My personal favorite is the heart pocket headbands. The students layer the heart onto the headband to make a pocket and then place small "smile" hearts inside. Whenever they see someone who looks unhappy or sad they can give them a smile (: I love helping students to be happy, the way their face lights up when they get these smiles is priceless!



Well I hope your students loved these crafts as much as mine did. You can pick up your own here:



Leave me a comment and let me know what you think! Happy Valentine's Day (: 
-OneCrazyS

No comments:

Post a Comment