Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Cutting Song

The new school year has started and boy am I excited! New students, new strategies and fresh ideas (: The one I am sharing today is actually something that I came up with last year. It was extremely helpful and I have already seen it work this year too. With little ones in the room, we are just starting to get our fine motor cutting skills down pat. That means that there are a bunch of little teeny tiny scraps of paper all over the floor after cutting something out. That used to drive me wild! I knew there had to be a better way for the students to cut things out without causing so much trash. I decided to make up a little chant to help them cut something out and only have one piece of trash. They all sing it with me as they happily cut along and end up with one wonderful piece of trash. It's amazing! I decided to make a video of this chant so that other classes could watch it and maybe their floors could be less scrappy too. You can get the worksheet and sign that goes with the video if you click the link below. It's all FREE (:  Check it out:



If you watched the video, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. This is my first video and while I know it's no Spielberg, I'd like to know what I can do to make it better! Thanks (: 

-OneCrazyS


No comments:

Post a Comment