Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Coming Soon...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween night full of tricks and candy treats! We got to go trick-or-treating for the first time with my son and I loved every minute of it. With all of that trick-or-treating, trunk-or-treating, and parties, you must be swimming in massive amounts of candy! Oh what to do, what to do with all of that sweet, sugary candy? I know I don't want my own kid to eat that much candy. Sure, my husband and I will be eating some but really, how much can a person eat? I decided I wanted to use it at school and not just for my students to eat. They love candy and everything about it, so I knew this would be a great way to keep them engaged in anything I wanted to teach them. I'm working on a whole Common Core Candy Activity Pack that will be sure to please! Here are some of the activities I've done with my students already:

Smarty Pants:
They used Smarties to make their very own Smarty Pants! First they used Smarties to make their pants. Then they filled in their data. After that, they used the data to fill in the graph. For the white they just wrote the number of white Smarties they used. 



Monty the Monster:
I wrote a cute story called Monty the Monster that we read. Then, they were asked what they thought Monty looked like. They made him out of candy on their Monster Mat and drew a picture of him on their sheet. Then, they had to write if they would like Monty as their pet and describe why or why not. Here are some examples:


Nerdy Place Value:
We also had some fun with Nerds this week. Everyone got a box of Nerds and filled in their tens frames while we listened to music. Then we counted our tens and ones to find out how many Nerds were in our box. 

* I have changed this one to include a space for hundreds at the bottom since most of the boxes had over 100 Nerds. There is also a space at the top for the students to put a few Nerds for them to eat when they are done.

My students absolutely loved doing these activities! These are just a few of the activities in the Candy Pack. There are STEM projects, Quiz,Quiz,Trade games with sight word cards for grades PreK-3, Doubles and Doubles plus one fact cards, Cardinal Directions Treasure Hunt, persuasive writing, MadLibs and more! 

I have decided to start something new with the release of this product. The first 72 hours after this product is released, it will be 50% off! Make sure you follow me on Facebook or TPT by clicking the green star under my name so you know when this product comes out so you don't miss the sale. It won't be long now, keep an eye out next weekend for this awesome treat!

-OneCrazyS




No comments:

Post a Comment